Just Go With It

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Title: Just Go With It
Director: Dennis Dugan
Genre: Comedy, Romance
Format: DVD released June 2011
Rating: PG-13
Starring: Adam Sandler, Jennifer Aniston, Nicole Kidman and Brooklyn Decker

In this movie Adam Sandler plays a plastic surgeon who wears a wedding ring to pick up women. He has his craft – playing the stilted husband – finely honed. While at a party he meets a girl that he likes – he likes her enough that he takes the ring off and slips it in his pocket.
Too bad she finds it….in the morning. After a night of hanky-panky.
Obviously she is very upset because he is married. And she tells him that she isn’t a cheating trollop and off she goes. Adam Sandler makes it his mission to get her back. So he does what any guy would do. He lies. And she believes him.
But his tale begins to spin out of control, and before you know it, he’s in the middle of a divorce, has two kids and is jetting off to Hawaii – with his assistant posing as his soon to be ex-wife and her kids calling him daddy. Did I mention that the new girlfriend, and his best friend (posing as the ex-wife’s boy toy) are coming too?
I’ve always wanted to go to Hawaii…but this sounds like a vacation from hell.

Disclosure: No reviewers were harmed in the making of this review. If you own a sheep you may want to shield your eyes…

I rented. I watched. I laughed. You will probably laugh too if you like Adam Sandler movies. I think most of us are already familiar with this type of movie. It’s the kind of movie I would call “stupid funny”. Why? Because it was ridiculous, and I sat there saying “Who would do that?” but I still laughed.
I think this was one of Adam Sandler’s best movies. I have to say I tend to like him along side Drew Barrymore (You know you do too). But I liked him with Jennifer Aniston. Adam Sandler is no doubt a funny guy but there is also a sincerity in him that sometimes slips out. It gives him more depth than some of the other comedic actors out there.
So what were the funniest points of the movie? Hmmmm…this bears thought…..actually it doesn’t. Here’s the list:
        There is a sheep. A sheep that chokes on a squeaky toy and is given the heimlich maneuver.
        In the beginning of the movie Adam Sandler sports a nose that could rival a giant cucumber. (Thankfully he fixes himself! The sight was disturbing! And so was his frizzy hair. Yikes!)
        There was a victim of bad plastic surgery…her eyebrows…they weren’t pretty people. In fact, if I was her, I would hide in a closet.
         A man picks up a coconut. With his butt cheeks. (Now that’s talent!)
I could go on but I don’t want to. If you want to know what else happens - watch the movie!
Jennifer Aniston looks gorgeous. Her skin is flawless and so is her body (not even with two hours a day on a treadmill and a gallon of self tanner would I look like that) but her looks weren’t the only thing that I liked about her. She was funny. And real. And you know, I don’t think I have liked her this much in a role since Friends. She plays a single mother of two with very bright and strong willed children. I happened to think that the accent her on-screen daughter insisted on talking in was hilarious. She did a good job portraying a harried mom who didn’t have time to do her hair or care about clothes very well.
Brooklyn Decker was a natural on camera. I have read that this was her first acting role and I think she did great. She seemed comfortable and at ease, and she had her funny moments too. Of course she looks hot in a bikini, so I am sure guys everywhere will drool. Women make note: bring a drool rag for your hubby/date to wipe his face with. Or…you can use said rag to smack him with.
The entire cast was funny. There wasn’t one person who didn’t make me laugh while watching the movie. The setting was awesome (Hello Hawaii!) and there was even some romance. I think this would be a great date movie. Girls, most guys would be thrilled if you suggested an Adam Sandler movie instead of The Notebook, heck they might even stay awake and watch it! (Oh… is my hubby the only one who sleeps through every movie? – I hope it isn’t me.) And guys, most girls will probably be pleased because you can tell them it’s a romance. Warning: I am in no way responsible to any harm that may come from smacking of the face with suggested drool rag.
So there you have it. My opinion. Enjoy.







3 comments:

  1. Cambria said...:

    This was a good movie!

  1. It really was, let me guess, the not funny character was the best friend? He was about the only one I didn't like in this movie.

  1. Cambria said...:

    Do u mean the best friend who pretends to be with jennifer aniston? If so, yeah i agree. His humor wasnt as funnt as the rest. Sometimes he made me laugh but not as much as the others.

Post a Comment

The Unlocked Diary 2011. Powered by Blogger.